Dr. Gotesman’s Specialities:
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel release
- Microvascular surgery
- Upper extremity surgery, including the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Xiaflex® injections for treatment of Dupuytren’s contracture
Alan Gotesman, MD
Alan Gotesman, MD, is a board certified orthopedic surgeon with Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (NEOSM).
Dr. Gotesman completed a fellowship in hand and microvascular surgery at Stony Brook University Hospital, where he participated in a rare toe-to-thumb transplant, as well as reattachment of a severed wrist. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. During that time, Dr. Gotesman assisted in providing care for the Division I, Big Ten® Rutgers Scarlet Knights.
He received his medical degree from New York University School of Medicine and his bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Brooklyn College. He is a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, with research interests that include Dupuytren’s contracture.
In his spare time, Dr. Gotesman enjoys hobbies such as marathon running, golf and tennis.
Dr. Gotesman’s Awards:
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016 – Top 1%
- Patients’ Choice 5 Year Honoree 2016
- On-Time Physician Award – 2016
- Patients’ Choice 2016
- Compassionate Doctor 2015
- Compassionate Doctor 5 Year Honoree 2015
- Patients’ Choice 5 Year Honoree 2015
- Patients’ Choice
- On-Time Physician Award – 2015
- Compassionate Doctor
- On-Time Physician Award
- 2012 Compassionate Doctor
- 2012 Patients’ Choice
- 2011 Compassionate Doctor
- 2011 Patients’ Choice
Schedule an Appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists, contact us today. For your convenience, you may also fill out the form on the rightbelow to set up an appointment.